[isapros] ActiveSync and ISA FBA (HTML Forms)

  • From: Jason Jones <Jason.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:41:16 +0100

Hi,

Is anyone aware of any problems with ActiveSync when ISA is configured to use
FBA with fallback to basic?

We have recently moved to a single web listener as part of our Exchange 2007
upgrade and users are now getting intermittent password prompts when ActiveSync
tries to authenticate to ISA. If users provide their credentials, the
connection is successful. I have also seen the issue at a couple of customers
in the past, but assumed it was a device issue.

If we go back to a second listener configured for basic authentication only
(not HTML forms) users are no longer intermittently prompted and stability is
good.

Ideally, I would like two listeners, one for OWA/ActiveSync using FBA and one
for Outlook Anywhere using Integrated (with KCD).

Any sneaky KBs I may have missed??

Cheers in advance...

JJ