Re: wannt to know the protocols which act as a dowloading

  • From: "Mark Strangways" <strangconst@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 08:27:44 -0400

Doing some investigation into your logs or even some web sites related to
the application you are trying to block will easily reveal the ports used by
these apps.
By default ISA should block these ports from being used, unless you have the
allow all access enabled for testing.
After you know what ports to block, you can just create a protocol rule to
block it.
Make sure the rule is enabled, then restart ISA to make sure the rule gets
put in play.

Kazza is dynamic, it uses various ports to try to stop admins from blocking
it.
MSN uses port numbers TCP 6891 to 6900 to do file transfers and  port number
6901 TCP and UDP for voice

Mark S