RE: users logged as anonymous in WWW logs???

  • From: "Jason Ballard" <jasonb54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Hanson, Ben'" <Ben.Hanson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:30:15 -0500

Ben,

You are correct that you have Web Proxy clients in your environment.
Configuring SecureNAT clients on a simple network is very easy.  On
complex networks with multiple routers, it is possible to still use
SecureNAT clients, but routes need to be setup to pass requests to the
internal NIC of the ISA Server.  Jim Harrison has an article on the
configuration of SecureNAT clients in a complex network.  Check out
http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Designing_An_ISA_Server_Solution_on_a
_Complex_Network.html (URL will wrap).

As for the authentication, the check box forcing authentication will
work, but how is your S&C rules setup?  On the Applies To tab, do you
allow for any request.  You may want to apply access to groups of users
in your domain.

I have several clients configured in this manner and all requests are
shown as the user and not anonymous.

I have put this back in the ISA list in case someone wants to add more
information.

HTH,

Jason