re True Web Publishing Discard

  • From: "SteveC" <stevec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:39:01 -0400

John, I'm not too sure about that.  If I make an HTTP request to a host
nothing running on port 80, the host in question doesn't return
anything.  ISA server, when I tell it to discard the packet like it
never came, actually returns packets.
If I send an HTTP request to port 81, ISA does nothing - but the client
computer/browser shows an error in my GUI (IE).  So in that case the server
appears to be truly discarding the request and not returning anything.

Jim/Tom, can you throw in your $.02 on this?  Does 2004 help?

Thanks.