HELP ! Getting access to PC's through the firewall ~!~

  • From: "DAVIDR" <davidr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:08:59 -0600

I need to allow direct access to PC's on the network via PcAnywhere (for
3rd party software support). Previously this use to work fine because
everyone had direct access to the internet via the adsl router. Now that
I have installed ISA Server, I am able to get remote access to the server
via terminal services, pcanywhere, and vnc, but I am unable to get direct
access to a PC running the PcAnywhere host.

I found the following web page / TID.

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/Publishing_a_host_using_PCAnywhere_behind_ISA.html

I managed to get through most of this.. until I reached the 'Publishing
Rule, using the external IP of the ISA that you want to make visible'
I put in the Public IP Address and it comes up with the following error...

'The IP is not defined on this array. Please select the IP address from
the arrays external IP's'

I have searched High and Low on how to do this but cant find any
information at all...

Can someone / anyone please help !
Has anyone does this / had this same scenario ?
Did you fix it the above mentioned way or is there another / easier
alternative ? (Geting 3rd Party software vendors to dial into the server
and then jump to the PC they want control of is not a viable sollution !)

Thanks,
DavidR