port scan detected

  • From: "Dan Gabbard" <intellihome@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:30:49 -0700

I have been getting scanned from several IP addresses that belong to C2
Media Ltd for the last three or four days. It doesn't seem to be causing any
problems but I'm curious to know what others do when they are being scanned
by the same address block. The address range is from 66.220.17.46 to
66.220.17.55. I searched for info on C2 Media Ltd and they are a
pay-per-click ad service that seems to be despised by everyone that has come
across them. This tells me writing them to complain would be a waste of
time.

Any suggestions on how to handle this would be great. Or should I just not
worry about it?

Thanks,

      Dan