iTunes

  • From: "Rob Moore" <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:07:51 -0500

Does anyone have any experience allowing traffic to the Apple iTunes
Music Store, through ISA2004? I have a user who needs to download some
work-related stuff from there. When he tries to connect to the store he
gets an error:

---------------
iTunes could not connect to the Music Store. An unknown error occurred
(502).
Please make sure your network connection is active and try again.

He tells me that the Apple web site says:
Make sure your proxy allows access to these domain names:
phobos.apple.com, phobos.apple.com.edgesuite.net, and passes TCP port
443 (SSL) along with, of course, HTTP port 80.

I have policies that allow 443 and 80 traffic to pass, so there's
nothing obviously wrong. Anybody have experience with this?

Thanks,
Rob