RE: how to authenticate clients throgh ip in ISA

  • From: "David V. Dellanno" <ddellanno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 05:50:30 -0400

If you want to disable per IP address, there is a bit of admin overhead
to prepare this environment so that you have a known ip environment.

I am guessing that your 158 users are DHCP clients?  If so, you need to
start at the DHCP server and start creating 158 reserved dhcp ip
clients.   This will help keep your ip addresses assigned the
appropriate pc and not just randomly assign your pcs ip during a renew
request.  If you don't know how to configure your DHCP to reserve ip
address then that is out of the scope of this newsgroup, just send my
your request direct and I can help you out.  After you environment has
been sucessfully reserved, you should be able to now create a rule to
disable per ip addresses.