Re: error msg

  • From: "jlyon" <jlyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:27:27 -0400

Also, here is the response to your second error received. Hope it helps.

Symptoms
When you send mail from a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) client (such
as Microsoft Outlook Express) to an Exchange 2000 Server computer on which
authenticated relay is enabled, you may receive a non-delivery report (NDR)
that contains the following error message:

  The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by the server. The rejected e-mail address was ' user@ domain.com'. Subject
' Message', Account: ' mail. domain.com', Server: ' mail. domain.com',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for ' user@
domain.com', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number:
0x800CCC79
In addition, if you use Microsoft Outlook Messaging Application Programming
Interface (MAPI), you may receive the following error message:
  ' name@ e-mail.com' on 4/1/2001 8:19 PM No transport provider was
available for delivery to this recipient.
You may receive these error messages even though the client uses proper
credentials to authenticate with the server. Also, a Telnet session to the
server on port 25 connects and then immediately disconnects after you press
a key.

Cause
This issue can occur if a Cisco firewall exists between the client and the
server, and the firewall has SMTP inspection enabled.

Resolution
To resolve this issue, disable SMTP inspection on the firewall. If you do
not know the command to disable SMTP inspection, contact Cisco