Re: error msg

  • From: "jlyon" <jlyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 19:23:28 -0400

It is NOT an ISA issue.
Here is your error and resolution. Hope it helps

  a.. When you attempt to send mail messages, you may receive an error
message similar to:

    Message could not be opened from Outbox folder.
  b.. When you are connected to your Internet service provider (ISP) and you
attempt to download mail messages, you may be prompted for your password
again.

NOTE: Also, when customer sends email, the following error message may
appear:
  Message Could Not Be Opened From Outbox Folder, Account: <account
name>MailAccount',Server:'<outgoing mail server name>',
Protocol:SMTP,PORT:25,Secure(SSL):NO, Error Number:0x800420CB
(various SRX cases have the error code mislabelled at 0x800420C8)

Cause
This behavior can occur if you have two identical accounts with different
names or the Outbox.dbx file is corrupted.

Resolution
To resolve this behavior, remove the duplicate mail accounts. To do so,
follow these steps:

  1.. In Outlook Express, on the Tools menu, click Accounts.

  2.. Click the Mail tab.

  3.. Click a duplicate mail account, and then click Remove. Repeat this
step until only one instance of the mail account remains.

  4.. Click Close.

If the earlier steps do not resolve the behavior, rename the Outbox.dbx
file. Note that any items that remain in the Outbox folder in Outlook
Express are permanently deleted after you perform the deletion. To do so,
follow these steps:
  1.. Quit Outlook Express.

  2.. Right-click Start, and then click Find or Search.

  3.. Search for the Outbox.dbx file.

  4.. Right-click the file, click Delete, and then click Yes.

  5.. Start Outlook Express, and then try to send the message again.