can NT 4 domain members utilize CARP in a separate AD Domain?

  • From: "Rogers, Brian" <RogersB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:21:50 -0500

Say for example you have all your clients in an NT4 domain.  And your
internet domain ~web servers, ISA boxes, etc~ is running AD with your ISA
servers in an array.

Would Proxy clients ~not firewall or nat~ be able to utilize the load
balancing/fault tolerance capabilities of the ISA Array?

I am currently all NT4...both Internal and Internet domains.  I am
implementing ISA to replace our existing proxy server..however I have been
tasked to implement fault tolerance with the ISA server itself.  Load
balancing would be nice..but fault tolerance is more what I am after.  It
does not seem that clustering is supported with ISA, yet NLB is an option.

Anyone else had to implement ISA fault tolerance in an NT4 environment?

Brian W. Rogers
MCSE, MCT, MCP
Client/Server Network Developer
Tree of Life Corporation