[isalist] Re: anon?

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:41:19 -0800

Like Jim just said... All initial requests are made anonymously.  You¹ll see
that in the log.  It doesn¹t mean that the request was successful.  It also
depends on what app is making the request.  The general question was ³why am
I seeing anonymous in my logs.²  The general answer is ³all browser requests
are initially made anonymously.²  But it could also be your app.  For
instance, my bank allows us to make deposits by just ³scanning² in received
checks with this little scanner they give us.  We keep the checks- but when
the app posts to the bank the app itself is too stupid to be able to
authenticate, so it always makes requests that are, to ISA, anonymous.  I
had to work around that. Stuff like that.

On 1/26/07 7:53 AM, "Michael Ross" <mross@xxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all:

> wierd.. dunno why im seeing this..

JPEG image