[isalist] Re: Cache problem

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:21:21 -0800

There's no such thing as "Active Caching" in ISA 2004 or ISA 2006.

How ISA handles the content you want cached is much more complex than
the help would have you believe.

Q1 - what site(s) are you trying to cache?

Q2 - what are the details of the cache rule you defined?

Q3 - what are the details of the content download rule you defined?

        From: "Michael Ross" <mross@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: [isalist] Cache problem
        Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:34:57 -0600

        i had the ISA 2004 SP2 box set to cache objects, etc.

        i enabled 'dynamic content' caching, then a new site stopped
being updated in the cache, and the TTL was set to default settings.

        i created a download job for this site, and it updated the
cache.

        my question is.. shouldnt it go out, based on the TTL and get
new data?