RE: Winsock Proxy Client Error

  • From: "Mark Hopkins" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 05:33:35 -0500

Thomas,

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I was doing something that I know to be
unwise: Install a Microsoft ASP.Net Starter Kit on my workstation. The
goal was to create a website for a friend using the Starter Kit as a
"stencil". While the "kit" did install well, using it did generate the
WinSock Proxy Client error in question. I could probably, eventually,
find the cause and fix it, but there were plenty of other app errors
that also turned up. Also I am running the .Net Framework 1.1 with VS
.Net 2002&2003 and there is conflicting information as to whether or not
the "kits" are supported under the latest (1.1) .Net Framework.
Microsoft says both "yes" and "no", leading me to believe "no".

This stuff is out-of-scope on this forum, but when I saw "Proxy" in the
error message I thought you guys might be able to help.

I have since rolled back (kudo's for Powerquest DeployCenter) to a
perfectly stable W2K workstation build.

Thanks for listening.

Mark

Date:           5/1/2003
Time:           7:01:07 AM
User:           N/A
Computer:       MARK
Application [aspnet_wp.exe]. Authentication was rejected by WinSock
Proxy Server. Check the credentials for the account that is used for the
process.
Data:
0000: 05 00 00 00               ....