[isalist] Windows Updates

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 14:26:30 -0400

How do I get Windows Updates working under ISA 2004 Server? I can open Windows
Updates and click on "customize" however I get the following error message
after a minute or so:

(0x80072EE2)

This is a brand new Dell PE 1850 running Windows 2003 Server SE R2, and ISA
2004 SP2. I have never really been able to get Windows Updates working past the
customize button on any box I have configured. I have even searched through the
ISA Help on Windows Update and Updates and not found anything explaining it, I
have even looked on Google.ca and have not found anything either.

I have tired setting up a rule for argument sake, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS for the ISA
server (allow access) and it still produces the same error.

Lastly I have gone into network settings on ISA and reconfigured the server as
an edge server getting it access to the net. ... uhm and it no workie. :(

I can access www.microsoft.com, yA, and the initial page to Windows Updates,
Ya, but nothing over and above that. Boo!

Regards,
Andrew