[isalist] Re: Wild Card Certificate,

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 08:23:04 -0700

Your query is a bit unclear, Ruba...

CSR == Certificate Request?

As far as which website to use for the certificate request, it doesn't
matter.  Once you decide on the certificate structure and generate the
request, you can install the certificate anywhere you choose (within the
limits of the license, of course).

How you choose to build your website is completely up to you - this is
no absolute "use this port" or "name your website this way" rule.

As far as what ports to use, make sure you have SP3 on ISA 2004 or
non-standard ports may not work
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923330/).