Why can't internal clients access a published TCP server?

  • From: "Wendell W. Pinegar" <Wendell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 04:44:20 -0600

We've configured ISA Server with several published TCP ports to internal
servers.  Connections to the published TCP ports works perfectly fine when
connecting from clients on the Internet but if I attempt to connect to the IP
address and TCP port # of the published server from inside the network the
connection always fails.

What gives?  Does ISA Server have a problem connecting internal users to
published TCP ports on it's external interface?

(Of course I can connect the internal users to the internal address of the TCP
server and all goes well, but I due to several reasons I would prefer to
connect them to the published IP address on the Internet).  Anyone have a clue
what's wrong?

Thanks!

Wendell W. Pinegar