What's client IP and original client IP?

  • From: tim S <tim724342@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ISA list <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 20:14:51 -0700 (PDT)

I was reading the  log column descriptions on MS site.  Can someone explain
what are client IP and original client IP?

I saw this explanation on MS site and bit confused:

Original Client IP == The IP address that distinguishes reverse secondary
connections.

So, if there is a server publishing rule like this:

External---<EXT-NIC(136.10.10.50:80)>--ISA--<INT-NIC(10.1.1.1)>------<server:10.1.1.50:80>

Assuming the initial connection is made from External, what would be the client
IP and original Client IP for this rule from 10.1.1.50 point of view?

Thanks