Re: Web Proxy Authentication Questions

  • From: "Greg" <GregBrady@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 18:19:03 -0400

To put it in simpler terms:
1) If the web logs can determine who makes the request (with outgoing
authentication), then there is no reason for a prompt, as the service knows
whose session it is.
2) If a site is denied to ANY request, why have a prompt at all?  Just
return the 407 error. And for pop-ups, don't even return that.

This isn't a terrible problem, as I am now redirecting to local page.  Its
more of a "why'd they do that" question.

But thank you Mark.

Greg