[isalist] Re: Verizon DSL & ISA Server 2004 Configuration!!!

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 11:21:04 -0600

Hi John,

The network segment between the NAT device's internal interface and the
external interface of the ISA Firewall would be an anonymous access DMZ,
so that untrusted WLAN clients can be placed there. You could even put
trusted hosts there, and configure an ISA Firewall Network for that
network segment and create a route relationship to extend the domain
into that segment, if you like.

There are lots of options, but I generally put WAPs behind the ISA
Firewall, and never on the Internet gateway -- that's strickly SOHO, Kim
Komando/Leo Laporte simpletonism ;)

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: www.isaserver.org
Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7