RE: VPN to a cisco VPN server that uses ipsec

  • From: "Greg Foulks" <greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:24:09 -0500

David,
I've been messing around with this for a couple of months now. I have a client
who moved to SmartPipes as there VPN provider. They
use IPSEC and have provided me a Client to use to connect with. Since I am
behind ISA I've not been able to connect from my PC
through ISA to my client because NAT and IPSEC do not play well together.

What I've had to do was install a second NIC in my PC and disable my local nic
and enable my external nic (which has a public IP
assigned) this client that was given to me also has BlackIce so I use it as a
firewall.

Now---- You say that I can VPN from my PC through ISA to my Clients IPSEC
server if I encapsulate using UDP? How are you doing this?

Greg Foulks, MCP
NewFound Technologies, Inc.
http://www.nfti.com
Email: greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx