RE: VPN Client to Non-ISA VPN Network

  • From: "Joseph" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:50:51 -0800

There is lots of info when you go searching for the "AH Protocol"
INT 14 - HUNTER 16 - GET PROTOCOL NAME

        AH = 28h
        AL = protocol handle
        DS:BX -> 8 character buffer for protocol name
Return: AH = status
            00h successful
                DS:BX buffer filled with the protocol name
            FFh failed
SeeAlso: AH=27h"HUNTER",AH=29h"HUNTER"

http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/ah.htm

So, what you really need to do is not worry about weather or not it's a
port like dns or such. You need to create a packet filter with a custom
protocol and that would be custom for protocol 51
Under PACKET Filters create a new packet filter selecting custom
protocol and create that using 51 as the protocol type.

In/Out  Port            Protocol   Protocol Nbr
> In+Out        XX              ESP                     50  Define as
both
> In+Out        XX              AH                      51  Define as
both
> In+Out        500             UDP                     17
> Out           389             TCP                6
> Out           709             TCP                      6
> Out           5080            TCP                      6
                                ICMP               1

Now based on what the actual ports of the client are then you set the
port using the newly established protocol.

If you need more information drop me a line.

Joseph