Using the firewall client to webproxy access upstream ISA server

  • From: "Andy Greenhalgh" <andy.greenhalgh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:52:27 -0600

We have a back to back ISA server DMZ configuration. We run 3 internal ISA
servers for 3 separate internal networks, Corporate, Education, and Public
Library. The DMZ has a single connection to the internet.

Each internal network has different content filtering requirements so the
content filtering is installed on each internal ISA server.

Some of our more technically able users are bypassing the content
filtering by configuring Internet Explorer to use the uptstream ISA server
IP address and using the firewall client to reach the upstream ISA server.

Is there a configuration which can prevent this? Our users will still need
to access some content using the firewall client.

Andy Greenhalgh