RE: Upstream router and DMZ configuration...confused~~!!

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 23:02:16 -0700

Hi Marvin,

You dun a bad ting.
1. Ditch the GW on the DMZ interface - it's non-functional.
2. Unless you plan to lose lots of hair, you've failed to meet the
"public address" part of the DMZ network
3. The static route Tom refers to is at the router, not the ISA.  ISA in
effect becomes "another hop in the chain" between the ISP router and
your DMZ.
4. Based on your IP setting, you don't have enough IPs to create a
public DMZ.  Your /29 address space only provides 6 usable addresses;
not enough to subnet off for a DMZ.