Upgrading ISA 2000 to 2004

  • From: "MJ" <mjtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 05:44:45 -0700

Good morning all

I am getting ready to upgrade ISA 2000 that is running on windows 2000
server. I've been searching and found few articles, but I need an advice
from real life experienced experts who go through the same thing a lot.

This ISA 2000 is mostly used for VPN, and I noticed that it's running
RRAS. As far as I know ISA 2004 doesn't need RRAS to be a VPN Server (Is
that true?).

Also I am going to upgrade windows server 2000 to 2003, so which one will
I upgrade first ISA or Windows?

I would appreciate any information, advices, or comments.

Thanks in advance and happy Monday :)