RE: To Chain, or Not To Chain?

  • From: "Thor \(Hammer of God\)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 09:28:49 -0800

I'm not now- HTTPS out is available, but not for long-- that's after I build the Front End Exchange Server segment on the internal back-end ISA server. I'll do that in the next hour or so-- Again, I'll start with no access rules at all, and monitor the connection to only allow minimum rulesets. I'm assuming Kerberos-Sec for user auth, LDAP (UDP) for AD lookups from the FE server to AD to find out what BE server has the mailbox, and HTTP from the FE to BE for tunneled authentication and content delivery. After that, I'll work on IPSec between the DMZ FE server and the internal BE servers as FE-to-BE auth and content requires HTTP. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>