Re: Time Taken high

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <rdzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 08:31:06 -0700

We had this all over out network as well.  Delayed telnet replies, at least
in our environment, were caused by bad reverse DNS lookups back to the
client.  It is a "feature" of the telnet daemon on our Sun servers.  We are
still running an NT 4.0 Domain. I am running DNS on the ISA server.  Resolve
windows machines via WINS is turned on in the DNS service.  Creating proper
reverse lookup zones (PTR) in DNS was also critical.

In otherwords, it all boiled down to not having a "healthy" DNS environment
on the network.