Re: Terminal Server Name Resolution

  • From: Chris Lawless <ChrisL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 14:01:10 -0400

I've just been through some of this with a lot of help with articles on the
web site. I'll try to summise some of what I learned.

If you also want TS on the ISA you have to change its port such that web
publishing can listen on the standard port of 3389 and pass it on to another
server. Note that if you're changing the port remotely make sure you add
packet filters for the new port or you'll end up stranded and unable to
connect...!

You can then publish your terminal server but as you say, one IP address is
needed per terminal server as publishing can onlu listen on one port per IP
address.

I suspect the best way to manage multiple server will be to login to one and
then TS from there to the others once you are "inside".

Chris.