Strange behavior of VPN connections

  • From: "Elcio Favare" <elcio.favare@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:54:22 -0600

Hi!
I'm working with ISA Server's VPN features I've begun to see some strange
behaviors.

First: After connect to my network through VPN I cannot see any file
hosted in my servers (I can see the servers, the shares, but not the
content).

Second: Waiting between 5 and 10 minutes I begin to see the files, my
wallpaper (a 60KB .JPG configured by GPO) opens and I can work with all
network resources.

Do you guys know what happens? Is it normal? I'm using a DSL 256Kbps link
for Client and a 256Kbps leased line for ISA Server.

PS: MS released an L2TP/PPTP client for Windows 9x/Me. I didn't try it,
but for those who are interested, check it out at MS Website!

Thank you, and may the force be with us!