ISA and IPSEC Based internal Network

  • From: "Brewer, Lewis" <lewis.brewer@xxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 14:32:03 -0400

            Ok here is the scenario.

1.       Internal Network is all running with IPSec.
2.       Trying to setup ISA to act as firewall for the network
3.       ISA is installed on a server with IPSec enabled on the NICs

The question I have is this all possible?  Or is there something I am over
looking here.  Now I have set up a simulation of all this in my lab for
testing.  There is an AD with 5 workstations, an ISA server with 3 workstations
with IIS running on the other side of the ISA.  I have enable IPSec on all
machines on the inside of the network like we want, and no IPSec on the
machines simulating the Internet.

Suggestions are always welcomed.

Lewis Brewer