RE: Start up of ISA service has prevented external viewers accessing hosted websites

  • From: "Amy Babinchak" <Amy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:31:32 -0500

It sounds to me like you are advertising your SBS server as the same
name that your hosted website is using. For example is your hosted
website is wendyblann.com and your SBS server is wendyblann.com then
you'll have a conflict depending on where the folks attempting to
connect to your website are getting their DNS information. If this is
the case, you'll need to change your SBS server name. To confirm this
you could try access your hosted website by IP address. If you get to
the site, then you know it's a DNS naming issue.

This would be an SBS configuration problem that you just happened to
notice when you implemented ISA. Prior to enabling VPN your IIS server
wasn't in play but it is now.

Amy