Site Content Rules Question

  • From: RogersB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:38:38 -0400

Why would a Site and Content filter rule prohibit a SecureNat Exchange
server from resolving DNS queries?

All the packet filters are in place..all the correct protocol rules are in
place from running the Secure mail server wizard.

However when I enable any of my Site and content filter rules DNS resolution
on the exchange server fails.  When I go back and enable the "Allow Any"
site and content filter rule....DNS resolution works fine.

Once I disable that Allow all External rule....DNS resolution fails. There
are other Site and Content rules setup..but I cannot for the life of me
figure out what I have to enable to allow DNS resolution to occour other
than enabling the "allow all" Rule.

Brian W. Rogers
MCSE, MCT, MCP
Client/Server Network Developer
Tree of Life Corporation
RogersB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
office: (904)810-7334
mobile: (904)307-1990

"Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the software"