Re: Renaming an ISA server

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 08:08:11 -0700

Don't do it.
It's a bad idea.
Never rename a server after you've deployed it.  SQL, Exchange, Site Server
all require that the computer name remain the same.  There's no reason to
expect ISA to be any different.  Would you rename your AD controller?
There's just too much tied into the name to let it be that dynamic.

Jim Harrison
MCP(2K), A+, Network+, PCG