RE: SPF problem: was RE: Publishing an Exchange Server and email still going out through the default IP

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <Ray.Dzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 16:00:18 -0700

linux is certainly no worse than figuring out ISA2004 policy rules :)

Our Red Hat 9 + Postfix Mail relay was running on a 500mhz P-III  with a
10GB IDE HD.  It ran for almost 2 years non-stop.  I recently upgraded
to a decomissioned Dell server.  Dual 667 and SCSI.  Our mail volume has
increased and I wanted the SCSI performance.  But it wasn't a mandatory
upgrade.

We have the added benefit of using SpamAssassin and other neat tools to
scrub some of the trash out of the mail stream before it ever touches
our Exchange environment.

Once it is up and running, you rarely touch it.

Learning something besides MS is a good thing.

Since when is anything in our network environment not a hack?