Re: Routing an IP

  • From: "Stephen Herrera" <sherrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 09:59:35 -0800

Yes, that is true. I am narrowing down my question with each post and I have
it now. I searched the knowledge base for the product I am using and Raptor
firewalls have the same problem. They have a default HTTP for port 80 just
like ISA does. There solution is to delete the default rule and then create
your own port 80 rule that is not specific to HTTP. This allows HTTP traffic
to go through port 80 but is not the default, so other apps can also use
port 80 without the HTTP protocol getting in the way. But, a) I don?t want
to delete my default definitions b) ISA wont let you even if you want to! I
have turned off Auto Discovery, I have created a new port 80 definition, I
have tried blocking port 80 traffic from coming back in from that server? I
just can?t seem to stop my ISA server from assuming port 80 means HTTP all
the time. A client address set will not fix my problem because I want
everyone to be able to use the software. How do I stop my ISA from using
HTTP on port 80 to one server in the DMZ? I am beat on this one.

Steve

Stephen Herrera
Network Administrator
OHR StolaSystem