Re: Routing Question

  • From: "Clarke, Scott" <Scott.Clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 19:22:04 -0230

W2K servers.  ISA 2000.

-----Original Message-----
From: Thor (Hammer of God) [mailto:thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 7:19 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Re: Routing Question

http://www.ISAserver.org

Just to clarify--

When you say you're running a "VPN client" on the remote server to connect,
you are using RRAS itself to connect the two offices together, right?  It's
a point-to-point VPN, not just a client (even though it is the server)
initiated connection from that box to the head office, correct?  It needs to
be a point-to-point connection set up at both ends so each host knows how to
route data back and forth (It doesn't *have* to be, but that's why you have
RRAS).

Assuming the above, and that the configuration is the same as it was back
when it was "working fine" before, I might float a guess that this is a
Win2k3 server that you've just loaded SP1 onto... What OS ver/ISA ver do you
have where?