Re: Rename and Give new IP address to ISA server

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 07:10:43 -0800

Yes, ISA will have issues when you rename the server and when you change
IPs, and you're right; cache mode is LAT-less.
Officially, ISA doesn't support renaming the machine, but there may be
recovery methods available to you.
Is this to be a standalone server or array member?
That fact will determine you recovery possibilities.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/
Read the book!