RE: Rename Isa Machi

  • From: "Marc Aarts" <aartma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 19:42:48 +0200

Perhaps a bit cheeky to disagree with Steve here, but I might
as well share my experience.

It probably depends on your isa configuration. I have renamed
my stand alone integrated isa member server (so no AD on it)
yesterday without many problems.

Sure, just renaming the server itself didn't do the trick. I
have also changed every occurance of the old name that I could
fine in ISA, and after that I have also done that with the
registry on the ISA server. Finally I have updated the .ini
file the firewall client uses with the new name instead of the
old one.

My ISA box is running like a charm now, without any noticable
differences compared to the before situation.

I must admit that my ISA server installation is a pretty
straightforward setup with little extra besides proxy and
firewall.

--Marc