Re: Removing AD

  • From: Brian Tirch <btirch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:20:13 -0500

I have a bigger question is that server the first ad server on the network
that was put up? Because of the PDC emulator role, and if it was 1st server
of 1st domain there are 2 other roles that are on that machine that need
moved or you will have big problems 1) schema Master, 2)domain naming master
3)infrastucture master 4)rid master and 5) pdc emulater
All these need to be on the network and only reside on 1 server per domain
except schema and domain those are on only the 1st server of the
forrest..... Once these roles have been moved then you could take done the
Ad server and not have any problems..... if this is not the first server you
put just run dcpromo and you will be fine removing AD from that
machine......

Brian

Mct,mcse2000/4.0,CCNA,CCA,a+,N+