] RE: inbound Exchange Mail Problem

  • From: "Elliott Davidow" <Elliott.Davidow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 11:01:54 -0600

 Dear John,

Since I we have just an SBS2000, we have only one DNS server, also
located on the same machine is the AD, Exchange, SQL, ISA, etc.

 > You say you have split DNS. What is you external DNS server and what
is the MX record on it? The only public MX record showing

 up is saf.tzo.com. All external e-mail will go to that server only.
Also, there is only one host record (A) which resolves jedgroup.com.

In our forward zone, we named jedgroup.com to the internal address (one
adapter) and www.jedgroup.com to the external address, the 2nd adapter.

 > Are you having problems receiving e-mail sent from internal, Internet
or both?

We have trouble only receiving from the Internet. The Internal works
fine.

 > You mentioned 3 different pieces of hardware, what are they for?
(Gateway, Internet cable and Linksys router.) Can you please explain
your network setup.

From the Cable Modem:

to the Linksys router

to the first (www.jedgroup.com) adapter on the SBS2000 Server

then the internal network adapter to the switch then to the
workstations.