RE: Question about MSN Messenger A/V

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:11:55 -0600

Hi Mauricio,

Won't work. Can't work. Not supported.

HTH,
Tom

  _____

From: Mauricio Bruna [mailto:mauricio_bruna@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 11:51 AM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Question about MSN Messenger A/V

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi all !!!

I have a question about open UDP port 4000-65535 on ISA Server, I'm
trying to use Audio-Video feature on MSN Messenger. I'm behind ISA using
firewall client.

MSN Messenger use TCP 1863 primary port in protocol definitions, but and
I need to open secundary UDP port too at this primary connections.

Is it possible to make this configuration as below?

MSN Messenger (All Features)
Primary Connection       Port Number     Protocol Type   Direction
Info
1863     TCP     Outbound        Main Chat Port

Secondary Connection     Port Range      Protocol Type   Direction
Info
4000-65535       UDP     Inbound
4000-65535       UDP     Outbound

 I'm a little confused with this configuration of MSN, I hope that you
can help me.

Thanks in advance.

                          Mauricio.

  _____