RE: Publishing a virtual SMTP server

  • From: "Peter Pape" <papexpjboi@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 16:57:24 -0600

Hi Marvin,

I think I understand now.  The Web Server will only send mail out.  ISA message
screener and Exchange handle the inbound mail.  So, if you configure the
default SMTP virtual server on the Web Server to relay mail to the Exchange
box.  The following KB article will help explain how to configure the relay.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308161&Product=win2000

Check out the section on 'How to Set Up a Smart Host'.

Hope that helps...
Peter