Publish a Syslog server to a border router

  • From: "Lloyd Ardoin" <lloyd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 11:39:40 -0600

Hi all,
I am trying to publish a syslog server running on RedHat 7.2 on my private
LAN through the ISA server to my border router in front of the ISA server.
I have successfully configured using a syslog server on the DMZ and a
packet filter but would prefer to use the Syslog server on my private LAN
instead. I created a protocol definition with udp 514 Receive no secondary
connection and. Tried creating a Publishing rule with same paramaters and
even creating a packet filter. I have observed in the logs that ISA is
blocking - protocol UDP <border router ip> 37773 --> <syslog ip> 514 on the ISA
external interface. I
have tried numerous variations and cannot get this to work. Was wondering
if anyone has done this successfully?
LA