Publish OWA to internet on same machine as ISA: works - want alternate port not 80 !!

  • From: "Chris van Aalst" <cva@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:05:30 +0100

Hi,

First thanks to the guys responsible for www.isaserver.org !! Great
site, good articles, specially those of Tom Shinder, I bought his book -
really the book to have !

I have the following problem, I'd like to publish OWA to the internet,
on a different port (not 80) ! I have ISA and OWA on the same machine,
and used the article from Martin Grasdal to get it to work. Everything
works fine, what I want now is to connect via a different port then 80.
On the properties of my ISA-server on the TAB INCOMING WEB REQUESTS, I
changed the TCP port from 80 to 3333 (I tried a few different port: 81,
33333, 60001), I checked with netstat -na, to see if the server was
listening on the correct Ip-port: ok) When I connect with
http://www.server.com:81/exchange/administrator I get the correct Enter
network address pop-up box, where I can enter username/password/domein -
I enter the correct username/password; the browser displays the two
OWA-frames; but I get in both frames the Action canceled (unable to link
to the web page requested). I thought it had something to do with the
use of the port-syntax, so I put everything back to port 80 and tried to
connect with http://www.server.com:80/exchange/administrator , but then
it works . Can someone help me with this, why isn't working with an
other port ????

Thanks,

Chris