RE: Proxy Error : 502, Urgent.

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:52:53 -0600

Hi Javeed,

Inline..

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder

From: javeedkhan@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:javeedkhan@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 10:34 AM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] Proxy Error : 502, Urgent.

http://www.ISAserver.org

hi Tom,

a)I am new to ISA Server...I have installed & configured ISA on Domain
Controller, i was able to access the internet from the web proxy client
for once, and when i tried to connect to Internet again from Web proxy
client, i was unable to browse the internet.
>>>Are you testing from an internal network client or the ISA Server
itself? DNS configuration is critical. Check my article on how to
configure a DNS server on the ISA Server itself over at
www.isaserver.org/shinder

b)The connection am using is dial-up.
>>>OK.

c) Can u please let me know how to configure both Internal and external
NIC'S...with DNS/DHCP entries,if i want to use DSL for Internet on ISA
server and i would appreciate if u could also specify the proxy client
configuration.
>>>Check out my article on how to install ISA Server on a DC over at
www.isaserver.org/shinder

d) Am unable to browse Internet on ISA server itself, what could be the
problem, i think there is something wrong with browser's configuration.
>>>Configure the browser to be a Web Proxy client; use the internal IP
address, not the name, of the ISA Server in the config

e) As i mentioned above when i disconnect and reconnect Internet, the
proxy client could not respond.
>>>What do you mean by proxy client?

Thanks in Advance

Javeed.