RE: What CN Name should be used when requesting a SSL Certificate.

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 20:03:03 -0600

Hi John,

I'd have to keep real quiet if I set that limitation on myself ;-)

The certs must have the Common Name that the users will use to access
the site. I would then install them on the Web servers, then export the
certs from the Web servers. Take the exported cert or certs and import
them into the ISA Server's machine store. Then bind them to two
different Listeners, since you can bind only a single cert per listener.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder
www.isaserver.org/shinder