RE: Problems with web publishing

  • From: Bosio Paolo <Paolo.Bosio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 17:29:34 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay J. Mobley [mailto:jmobley@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: mercoledì 29 agosto 2001 17.22
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: Problems with web publishing

http://www.ISAserver.org

If I had to guess, Id say you do not want to change the port the ISA
server is listening for HTTP requests on. They are gonna come in on port
80, so you want ISA to recieve those requests.
Your on the right track changing the port IIS listens though. the idea
is that ISA will recieve the HTTP request on 80 and hand it to IIS on
the internal interfaces alternate port..

I have found netstat to be an invaluable tool to see what ports are
listening on what interface..

"netstat -na" to be exact.

hope that helps a little

-Jay