Problem with smtp protocol

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Isa Weblist" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 00:15:41 +0100

Hi Guy's

One of my new clients has a problem with his smtp access.

I am not sure if it's a protocol rule or a packet filter yet because I
haven't been to site yet, but its a standalone mail server ...(not on
the ISA box).

the issue is that once or twice a day email will stop flowing, if he
disables\enables the rule?\packet filter? then the mail flows again.

Sorry to be a bit vague but the customer is non technical and that's all
he could tell me...over a couple of whiskey's....lol

I seem to remember that there was a fix for this but I can't quite find
it...:))

Any help would be appreciated...I won't be able to visit the site until
Monday...but it won't do my street cred any harm if I can walk in with
the answer,

Steve

PS....no need to help Greg...:))

or used by any person other than the recipient named above.

unlawful. Optimum IT Solutions disclaims any liability for any action taken in
connection of this E-Mail. The comments or statements expressed in this E-Mail
are not necessarily those of Optimum IT Solutions or its subsidiaries or
affiliates.

administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx