RE: Problem with authentication at Proxy

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 07:12:58 -0500

Hi Jason,

What specific sites are problematic?

Thanks!
Get the book!
http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7 <http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7>
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Jason Merrique [mailto:j.merrique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 4:54 AM
        To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
        Subject: [isalist] Problem with authentication at Proxy

        http://www.ISAserver.org

        Hi Chaps,

        I've run into a spot of bother with a brand new installation of
ISA 2004 RTM, on our Windows 2003 gateway machine;

        I've enabled the Web Proxy on the Internal Network, and all
users have been configured to use the proxy with MSFWC 2004. Then I
changed the web access rule permissions from 'All Users' to
'Authenticated Users'. Now this seemed to all be working fine. Looking
at a live view of the log, I could see two denied anonymous connection
attempts, followed by an authenticated attempt that was allowed, for
each user. Indicating that it's all working correctly. However, one or
two users have complained that web sites aren't loading. From looking at
the logs I can see the same pattern exhibited when a user successfully
makes a request (two anon denied, then all auth'd) however only the
first couple of kb of the page is loaded, and then it just times out.
This happens consistently for some users, while others never have the
problem. I can't find anything about the users thats different, they're
all using the same proxy settings, and there's nothing their security
credentials that should set them apart.

        Any ideas? I've had a look at isaserver.org but was unable to
find any document on ISA 2004 that covered this.

        Cheers!

        Jason
        ISA Server Newsletter:
http://www.isaserver.org/pages/newsletter.asp