Problem with authentication at Proxy

  • From: "Jason Merrique" <j.merrique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:53:57 +0100

Hi Chaps,

I've run into a spot of bother with a brand new installation of ISA 2004
RTM, on our Windows 2003 gateway machine;

I've enabled the Web Proxy on the Internal Network, and all users have
been configured to use the proxy with MSFWC 2004. Then I changed the web
access rule permissions from 'All Users' to 'Authenticated Users'. Now
this seemed to all be working fine. Looking at a live view of the log, I
could see two denied anonymous connection attempts, followed by an
authenticated attempt that was allowed, for each user. Indicating that
it's all working correctly. However, one or two users have complained
that web sites aren't loading. From looking at the logs I can see the
same pattern exhibited when a user successfully makes a request (two
anon denied, then all auth'd) however only the first couple of kb of the
page is loaded, and then it just times out. This happens consistently
for some users, while others never have the problem. I can't find
anything about the users thats different, they're all using the same
proxy settings, and there's nothing their security credentials that
should set them apart.

Any ideas? I've had a look at isaserver.org but was unable to find any
document on ISA 2004 that covered this.

Cheers!